About us

What we do

Over a century ago, George Courey Inc. (GCI) became one of Canada's first importers of bathroom, bedroom and kitchen products. Since then, we have proudly become a leading player in the North American market, with uncompromising product quality and a loyal workforce fueling our success. Our family run business, now in its fourth generation, uses experience-based intuition and industry foreshadowing to meet and exceed the needs of customers in our core business segments, namely the healthcare and hospitality industries. 

On a daily basis, our team collaborates with trusted partners in countries all over the world, continuously working to provide a consistent supply of well-made and well-priced items. What's more, George Courey Inc. has maintained a domestic confection production, mainly for healthcare products, allowing for fast delivery and low minimum order quantities for specialty goods. 

We work closely with our clients, by sharing product knowledge, keeping stock of the right products at the right prices, and providing a knowledgeable representative in all of the major centers across Canada. We have at least one company representative in each province, with multiple reps in Ontario, Quebec and Alberta, all specializing in our core market segments.  

GCI currently boasts over 120,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehouse space to cater to the healthcare, hospitality and fabric markets. A large inventory means we can always stay one step ahead of customer needs.

Our Story

"I remember going down to New York City, driving up and down Broadway for hours buying linens and textiles with my dad...that was always fun". - Gerald Courey (George Courey's grandson)

Standing the test of time

Currently led by the 4th generation of Coureys, our company history proudly spans over one hundred years. Throughout world wars and even the Great Depression, we have stood the test of time and consistently earned our place as a leading linen and fabric wholesaler. Thousands of people working in commercial laundries, hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, spas, hotels and more, rely on our products every day.

Company founder George Courey immigrated to Montreal in the early 1900's, and, after a short run peddling goods door-to-door - brothers George and Camille Courey opened their first storefront business in Montreal. They sold wholesale dry goods which included fabrics, towels, linens and they even sold clothing. Over the course of the next few decades, GCI remained a steady provider of wholesale goods, taking some of their business on the road around neighboring Montreal areas and the Laurentians. In 1937, George Courey became the sole owner, and with the help of his sons - George Courey and Sons Limited was created.

George Courey and Sons Ltd. housed 4 floors in the heart of Old Montreal. If you were looking for fabrics, carpets and fine cotton - you had to search no further than the 1st floor. Women's clothing could be found on the 3rd floor along with buttons, zippers & bows. By the 1950's, retail was dominating with 90% of their business and the remaining 10% was selling to seminaries, clergies and nunneries - George Courey and Sons Ltd. even had the exclusive rights to sell white shirts to the clergy at this time. In 1957, George Courey passed away, and ownership was transferred to his son Albert, Paul, Emile and Maurice. He was joined by his three brothers Paul, Emile and Maurice. It was in the early 1980's when the 3rd generation of Coureys took control of operations that major modifications took place. In 1981, the company was incorporated by Ronald, Gerald and Michael Courey. George Courey and Sons Ltd. was now George Courey Inc. and with the elimination of retail clothing, linens and draperies - they were at last in the business of wholesale fabrics and linens.

At the close of the 20th century and moving well into the 21st, GCI has seen tremendous growth with the expansion of offices and warehouses across Canada. With the refinements in technology and modernized procedures in operations, GCI has taken to manufacturing many products in-house and continue to expand its confection department today. In 2010, GCI celebrated its 100th year.

Our Vision

To be recognized and respected as one of North America's most reliable linen and textile providers.

Our Mission

George Courey Inc. is a family owned and operated business with the goal of providing our customers with the most value for their linen and textile investments. We pride ourselves on carrying one of the largest inventories in the industry, consisting of high quality products at the most competitive pricing. With one of Canada’s largest sales teams, George Courey is proud to offer each of our customers personalized attention, knowledgeable consultation and unprecedented after-sale attention to detail.