The personal information we collect
GCI only collects personal information about you that is necessary for the purposes of establishing, managing and maintaining our relationship with you. For example, personal information may be collected when you request a quote or contact us in any way regarding our products and services. Personal information means any information that may be used to identify you as an individual, such as, but not restricted to, your name, age, phone number, email address or a home, postal, or other physical address (collectively, the "Personal Information").
Reasons for collecting information
GCI may collect and use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to identify you as a user of our Website;
- to establish and maintain our business relationship with you;
- to provide you with ongoing service;
- to improve our products and service offerings, including the use of this Website;
- to communicate with you when you submit questions, comments or suggestions;
- to provide you with information about our business, products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations.
GCI may also use your Personal Information to compile statistics. However, these statistics will not allow you to be identified.
How your Personal Information is stored and shared
We will not share your Personal Information with others without your permission, except under the following circumstances:
- If we need to disclosure the information to any entity resulting from the sale, merger or change of control of GCI, in whole or in part, if the parties reach an agreement under which the collection, use, and sharing of information is limited to the objectives of the commercial transaction; and
- If required or necessary to do so by law or court order, in connection with judicial or other legal proceedings, other legal process served on GCI, to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, to enforce our license terms and conditions, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our Website.
The security of your information is important to us. We limit access to your Personal Information by GCI employees to those whom we believe reasonably need that information to provide services or products to you, or otherwise, in order to perform their jobs.
Within GCI, data is stored on controlled servers with limited access. GCI safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. Please note that no method of online transmission is entirely secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information and transmissions of said information.
Third party sites
Our Website may contain links to other websites not operated by GCI. By clicking on these links, you are leaving our Website. GCI does not share your Personal Information with those websites and has no control over the operation of these websites. GCI assumes no liability regarding their use or their privacy policies.
Cookies and web log files
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
Any requests to access, modify, alter, correct or delete your personally identifiable information must be sent by email or in writing to the contact information set out below. Please note that GCI may retain any data or information we deem necessary for legitimate business purposes or where required by law.
Questions or Comments
George Courey Inc.
6620 Rue Ernest-Cormier
Laval, QC H7C 2T5
Last updated: February 6, 2018