The Director of Production, Quality Control and Innovation is an integral role in our growing business and a great opportunity for someone looking for a challenging and rewarding career. Reporting directly to the COO, you will be responsible for leading the company’s domestic production, create and enforce quality control procedures for both domestic and imported items and be the main driver of product innovation.
- Collaborate with Sales, Finance, Marketing, HR, IT and other relevant stakeholders to evaluate business operations and establish and execute operational strategies.
- Analyze and report on KPI’s to drive top and bottom line results, while identifying areas for improvement and opportunities to increase efficiency and profitability.
- Review financial information of domestic production operations and oversee, adjust and manage operational budgets to promote profitability.
- Develop production benchmarks and standards; ensure that best practices are identified and shared across the business.
- Establish and manage relationships with external partners to achieve strategic objectives. Direct vendor relationships with outside contractors and suppliers to ensure quality control of all products.
- Verify costs of all domestically manufactured items and actively seek ways to increase efficiency and avoid delays
- Oversee the procurement of raw materials needed for domestic manufacturing
- Manage and contribute to RFP’s, RFQ’s and tenders
- Lead all quality activities and contribute to continuous improvement
- Develop a plan for the company’s research and development initiative and lead a senior leadership team to drive product innovation
- Minimum of 5-10 years of related experience in production (industry-specific experience a plus), quality control and R&D.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Bilingual: French and English both written and verbal.
- Effective communicator. As a leader and mentor, you’ll have direct interaction with employees at all levels of the company on a regular basis. You must be able to provide clear instruction and constructive feedback in a positive and supportive fashion in both French and English.
- Organized and autonomous; ability to set goals and establish challenging yet realistic deadlines in collaboration with other team members without the need for continuous oversight.